SOS Lancashire/ Greater manchester

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meetballuk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
7 and 2 nucs
HI all,

i know you southerns are enjoying the beginnings of the flow, and we have got lots in bloom up north.
i did and inspection last week and most hives were busy and full of bees, took my underneath supers off and most hives at good strength,
im being sent away next week and will not have time for inspection before then. i can throw exscluders on and a super but not inspect all
my question is would adding a super be a fatal blow to a strong colony now or just slow them down which would be ideal??
what are other northerns experiencing?
:sos:

Had a similar situation where the bees were building comb through the crown board so have added a second super to give them more room and they seem to fine. Sometimes you have to just do what you think is right for your bees.

HI all,

i know you southerns are enjoying the beginnings of the flow, and we have got lots in bloom up north.
i did and inspection last week and most hives were busy and full of bees, took my underneath supers off and most hives at good strength,
im being sent away next week and will not have time for inspection before then. i can throw exscluders on and a super but not inspect all
my question is would adding a super be a fatal blow to a strong colony now or just slow them down which would be ideal??
what are other northerns experiencing?
:sos:

Be brave and be decisive. I put QEs and supers on most of mine a week ago.

Back