Solar wax extractor

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
We are off to Europe in Nov. for our 25th. I noticed that a company there has a very reasonable solar wax extractor. Are they any good here, as we are not known for a great deal of solar activity??

Either to buy and use or buy and sell to fuel my obsession?

darrenperrett 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
We are off to Europe in Nov. for our 25th. I noticed that a company there has a very reasonable solar wax extractor. Are they any good here, as we are not known for a great deal of solar activity??

I wouldn`t bother bringing it back to Devon, lol.
Take your old frames with you and use it while your on holiday.

Darren.

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
I wouldn`t bother bringing it back to Devon, lol.
Take your old frames with you and use it while your on holiday.

Darren.
Hah! In November I don't think I'll have great success!

darrenperrett 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
There`s a reason all the hills down this way are covered in wind turbines and not solar panels :nature-smiley-12:

darrenperrett 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
where have you been this year!!!??? glourious sunny weather sweating buckets in the parlour today, so bad the farmers wife keeps bringing me out glasses of water!
I`ve been ringing around to see if anyone wants to come round with a forager and pick up the grass that I haven`t been able to use for hay, lol.
To be fair we had a lovely June, it`s just that it was so lovely that the grass didn`t grow, so I couldn`t make any hay then either :)

Darren.

hedgerow pete 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
national
I go over to europe once a year to one or two bee equipment suppliers in october time we have a family four day weekend and a nice break and dad gets to fill the caravan/car up with stupid bee stuff to bring home.

Normal i can save 1/3 off the english price depending on the exchange rate and the size of order i put in

gregnut 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives

I made my own using an old brood box, a double sheet of glass, some galvanised sheet steel, polystyrene and silver foil. Cost a few pounds instead of the hundreds buying one from suppliers
It works when the sun is hot- over about 25 degrees C- we've had quite a few days like that this year.

milkermel 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I go over to europe once a year to one or two bee equipment suppliers in october time we have a family four day weekend and a nice break and dad gets to fill the caravan/car up with stupid bee stuff to bring home.

Normal i can save 1/3 off the english price depending on the exchange rate and the size of order i put in
who what where when??? interested to know where some of these places are. also taking some time off in october, if there is somewhere i can go and save money on gear then I am seriously interested!

Latest posts