Solar wax extractor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
We are off to Europe in Nov. for our 25th. I noticed that a company there has a very reasonable solar wax extractor. Are they any good here, as we are not known for a great deal of solar activity??

Either to buy and use or buy and sell to fuel my obsession?

We are off to Europe in Nov. for our 25th. I noticed that a company there has a very reasonable solar wax extractor. Are they any good here, as we are not known for a great deal of solar activity??

I wouldn`t bother bringing it back to Devon, lol.
Take your old frames with you and use it while your on holiday.

Darren.

There`s a reason all the hills down this way are covered in wind turbines and not solar panels :nature-smiley-12:

where have you been this year!!!??? glourious sunny weather sweating buckets in the parlour today, so bad the farmers wife keeps bringing me out glasses of water!

I`ve been ringing around to see if anyone wants to come round with a forager and pick up the grass that I haven`t been able to use for hay, lol.
To be fair we had a lovely June, it`s just that it was so lovely that the grass didn`t grow, so I couldn`t make any hay then either :)

Darren.

I go over to europe once a year to one or two bee equipment suppliers in october time we have a family four day weekend and a nice break and dad gets to fill the caravan/car up with stupid bee stuff to bring home.

Normal i can save 1/3 off the english price depending on the exchange rate and the size of order i put in

I made my own using an old brood box, a double sheet of glass, some galvanised sheet steel, polystyrene and silver foil. Cost a few pounds instead of the hundreds buying one from suppliers
It works when the sun is hot- over about 25 degrees C- we've had quite a few days like that this year.

I go over to europe once a year to one or two bee equipment suppliers in october time we have a family four day weekend and a nice break and dad gets to fill the caravan/car up with stupid bee stuff to bring home.

Normal i can save 1/3 off the english price depending on the exchange rate and the size of order i put in

who what where when??? interested to know where some of these places are. also taking some time off in october, if there is somewhere i can go and save money on gear then I am seriously interested!

Latest posts

Back