Sod's Law

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Why is it that the weather always seems better in the week when I'm at work.

Given the weather of late, thought it would be great for the first inspection but guess what, its a Saturday and its raining and much cooler.

Rant Over.

It`s pi##ing down here as well. I think we`ve been spoilt over the last few weeks as it`s been so dry.
I might venture out and remove the mouseguards though if the rain stops. :)

Darren.

Overcast,drizzle,13c and bee's seem to be liking it by the way they are working.

Here in the Fens its drizzeling and the bees are out and about.
I remember being told that the bees do not fly when its raining, another old piece of usless information.

>>I remember being told that the bees do not fly when its raining, another old piece of usless information.

Most likely from the days of skeps when they had those old AMM bees.

Raining here too :( was wanting to lay a few flag stones in the garden for the hives, might fit some foundation instead!

its not as hot here as it has been but not rain. they said it was going to rain thur, Friday but it was the best days the bees were out in force

Think this may actually be better Darren, if last summer is anything to go by.:puke:

Last edited:
Was drizzling here earlier all hives were out in force. I have to go and block them in later ready for moving to their new apiary site.:cheers2:

just tidying up around the hive and large sizz of lighting then clapped of thunder very close bye, one of those you almost feel

the bees did not like it, even though raining they came out in hoards and strong banana smell

wonder if it was the electric static charge or noise?

According to the beeb it's going to be fantastic tomorrow - sunny all day max 13C. I'll believe it if it happens.

Latest posts

Back