So what was your Module Exam like

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuswellMetro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Well at least i predicted most of the questions that would come up in Module 5

Pity i didn't Revise them thoroughly enough to answer them correctly . Why because I got my spermatogonia confused with my spermatocytes, so that's Nil Points for that one

How was the exams you took?

Last edited:
Same as you. Bits I should have revised but didn't.
Some of the questions I wonder how they can get 15 marks out of them, then again I have probably missed out a chunk of the answer!

Module 2 was ok, most of the questions fairly straightforward. Wasn't sure about "one property of honey that makes it suitable as a wound dressing" otherwise knew at least some of the information for ech question.

Rich

Module 2 was ok, most of the questions fairly straightforward. Wasn't sure about "one property of honey that makes it suitable as a wound dressing" otherwise knew at least some of the information for ech question.

Rich

I believe it would be the antibiotic properties of honey, it has to do with honey drawing water out of a wound.

Mod 5 was ok. My alimentary tract diagram still looks like a train crash!

Thanks MM your crystal ball gazing was most impressive!! :thanks:

Rich

The glucose oxidase enzyme breaks down the Glucose in the honey and produces a slow release of Hydrogen peroxide,

so i wouldsay the answer was Hydrogen peroxide as that has anti bacterial properties

Module 3 for me this morning. It seemed okay apart from 1.5 hours not really being enough. First module for me though so it's hard to judge how well I did, especially as 59% is a fail.

Module 3 for me this morning. It seemed okay apart from 1.5 hours not really being enough. First module for me though so it's hard to judge how well I did, especially as 59% is a fail.

I think Module 3 is an excellent standalone module which anyone serious about their beekeeping should at least read up on if not sit.

Five for me. Humph. Forty-eight hour heavy fluey cold lost me last-days cramming time and it showed. Couldn't believe those b****** sensilla came up again and just assumed all I could think of were in the antennae. And sympathies with the sperm MM....I lost a name too....just knew it ended in "S" so didn't know where to put the other one!

The National Honey Show module workshops always stresses for the four 15 point question, short sharp notes, bullet points and quick diagrams ,

Margaret Thomas says essay not wanted in that section nt even fulll sentences or you will run out of time and it causes a lot of problems with the more literate beekeepers

The glucose oxidase enzyme breaks down the Glucose in the honey and produces a slow release of Hydrogen peroxide,

so i wouldsay the answer was Hydrogen peroxide as that has anti bacterial properties

I gave a passing thought to Hydrogen peroxide as I was wizzing through the first 10 Qs as it is slowly released when honey is diluted with bodily fluids in a wound dressing, but I tend to over think things so I said (in my head) "stick a simple answer down and make sure you finish the paper!" I think a few answers may be correct for that one.

Funny story (sort of) - made a list of questions (Mod 2 related) and got the wife to ask me them in bed before I fell asleep over a couple of nights ... and that's how I knew the maximum permitted HMF levels in run honey for sale - what a sad guy I have become since taking the Modules!

I invigilated this year. decided I was having a year off from exams and assessments. Interesting experience to be on the other side for a change :)

I invigilated this year. decided I was having a year off from exams and assessments. Interesting experience to be on the other side for a change :)

Maybe I should try that, changing from a masochist to a sadist!

Had an email from the Ed. Sec. Hampshire BKA today - exam results go in the post 12th January 14

:ohthedrama:

oh deeeeeer,

I better start revising for the March exams, though if the results arrive the next day, (13th) then that doesn't bode well does it

Latest posts

Back