Small bunches of bees dying together

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No-one has mentioned it yet but clusters of bees crawling slowly on the ground and up grass stalks etc can be the result of chronic bee paralysis virus (syndrome 1)

No-one has mentioned it yet but clusters of bees crawling slowly on the ground and up grass stalks etc can be the result of chronic bee paralysis virus (syndrome 1)

Thanks, not sure that it could be this as they were too far from the hive. Likely to be hit by a heavy shower I think but am not sure why they happened to all in in the same place accidentally ... unless they were everywhere but this was the only area that I could see them collecting.

Thanks, not sure that it could be this as they were too far from the hive. Likely to be hit by a heavy shower I think but am not sure why they happened to all in in the same place accidentally ... unless they were everywhere but this was the only area that I could see them collecting.

collecting together to keep warm.

Glad Iam not on my own, I made up 7 nucs at home and there are a lot of bee on the floor not doing much, it's been sunny but still cold here in Brackley

I dont think its been getting cold enough at night to kill them..Bit of sun and they revive the next morning...

I have one hive that has started dropping bees which then congregate in a sad-looking huddle. CPV occurred to me but no K wings, trembling or black shiny bodies. (I thought of acarine too but, again, no splayed wings. I also thought that acarine mite is susceptible to varroa treatments and is now a rare beastie anyway - please correct me if that's not the case).

Latest posts

Back