silvercrest jam maker

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
packed up :(

don't suppose Lidl will have them again until summer fruit ready for jam making

unless anyone has seen them or knows of a similar size alternative?

fixed it

took the bottom off....so nice to have products you can actually dismantle again in this world rarther than closed units

simples.....terminal had come adrift

fixed it

took the bottom off....so nice to have products you can actually dismantle again in this world rarther than closed units

simples.....terminal had come adrift
Sometimes you get lucky ... although LIdl are pretty good with a 3 year, no quibble, guarantee (as long as you keep the receipt). Mine was bought second hand from someone who thought they could make jam in it ... sadly, that's the one thing that it is totally useless for ! Pity about the name 'Lidl Jam Maker' ... Not had any problems with mine but there are occasional comments on the brewing forums about repairing them and the terminal connections seem to be a regular offender and an easy fix.

Sometimes you get lucky ... although LIdl are pretty good with a 3 year, no quibble, guarantee (as long as you keep the receipt). Mine was bought second hand from someone who thought they could make jam in it ... sadly, that's the one thing that it is totally useless for ! Pity about the name 'Lidl Jam Maker' ... Not had any problems with mine but there are occasional comments on the brewing forums about repairing them and the terminal connections seem to be a regular offender and an easy fix.
terminal connection is loosely fixed by hand and needs clamping to tighten it so doesnt fall off,,,,thanks Pargyle

chuffed thats fixed!

Have to strip mine down
stopped heating although lights still on

Mine, purchased from Lidl, stopped working after 18 months. I had to send it back to Germany (they arranged a carrier to collect it) and a new one was returned to me quite quickly. Don't know what I would do without it as I took my old heated fridge to the tip, I was so pleased with the 'jam maker'! It's thanks to comments on the forum that I made the purchase in the first place.

Mine, purchased from Lidl, stopped working after 18 months. I had to send it back to Germany (they arranged a carrier to collect it) and a new one was returned to me quite quickly. Don't know what I would do without it as I took my old heated fridge to the tip, I was so pleased with the 'jam maker'! It's thanks to comments on the forum that I made the purchase in the first place.
yup....i really like mine....so easy and efficient and space efficient too.....may buy a spare when they re-appear in autumn

Great aftercare service from Lidl.🙂

Mine also packed up a couple of months ago. I had no idea where the receipt was but eventually found it after looking in pretty much every drawer in the house.

Phoned up and they arranged next day collection. Today, a week later, a new one was delivered. I was expecting them to repair mine (thinking perhaps an element as it wasn't heating but the LCD indicated everything else in order). They actually sent out a brand new machine so very happy with that.

Best thing is, the lady I spoke to at customer service said that I could've returned it even without the receipt as the details of make, date, etc are on the sticker on the bottom.

When I couldn't initially find the receipt, I did buy the Klarstein that Dani recommended as I really needed one. That's a really nice warmer too but now I have a spare!

Great aftercare service from Lidl.🙂

Mine also packed up a couple of months ago. I had no idea where the receipt was but eventually found it after looking in pretty much every drawer in the house.

Phoned up and they arranged next day collection. Today, a week later, a new one was delivered. I was expecting them to repair mine (thinking perhaps an element as it wasn't heating but the LCD indicated everything else in order). They actually sent out a brand new machine so very happy with that.

Best thing is, the lady I spoke to at customer service said that I could've returned it even without the receipt as the details of make, date, etc are on the sticker on the bottom.

When I couldn't initially find the receipt, I did buy the Klarstein that Dani recommended as I really needed one. That's a really nice warmer too but now I have a spare!
good

mine was the heating terminal and just needed to clamp it back on with pliers and all good again

nice to have electrical items that can be fixed in this day and age

Yes very true.

I'm guessing my repair wasn't just a simple terminal clamp. Perhaps a replacement element is the major cost of the machine?

They obviously didn't repair it (for selling on used) or they would have sent it back to me.

But you're right, economical repair costs don't take account of costs to the environment.

Latest posts

Back