Siberian way to fish on ice covered lake

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were lucky enough to see some Arctic Char at the trout hatchery at sparsholt agricultural collage this year when we attended their open day, they really are beautiful fish to look at and i am told good to eat :drool5:

In England rarely do gentlemen eat coarse fish ie anything that swims in freshwater except the odd trout or possibly salmon.
In London they eat eels in a pie with somewhat revolting green gravy!
Some sea fish are eaten... mainly cod and plaice.... but I like a nice seabass.. caught a 4kg one in the surf at Bude in the summer !

View attachment 7516

They do no such thing, icanhopit. You speak from profound depths of ignorance, I am afraid.

Eels are quite distinct and discrete from pies, which are minced beef and onion.

The green gravy to which you refer is in fact liquor, a kind of parsley sauce, and very tasty indeed. Especially when mixed with the mash.

It is in fact a kind of fast food and actually quite healthy as the mash is not buttered and the sauce not full of sugar or nasties.

Latest posts

Back