Do you keep bees the "Darwinian" way?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Professor or not but that needs a lot imagination.

How heck that natural supression happens? But there is that "supposedly" word in the sentence.

That "supposedly is important. But if you have fewer bees in your box, presumably you have fewer mites?
But proportionately, you mite actually have a bigger mite infestation. :banghead:

That "supposedly is important. But if you have fewer bees in your box, presumably you have fewer mites?
But proportionately, you mite actually have a bigger mite infestation. :banghead:

And that makes no sense. What do you do with a hive, when even mites cannot live .

And varroa is such that you have 9 box beehive in July, and in November there is only handfull of bees and the queen there. I have know that phenomenom as Colony Disapearing Disease. But now it is Darwin Syndroma. Mixture of Varroa and and Creeping Memory Loss VCML

And that makes no sense. What do you do with a hive, when even mites cannot live .

And varroa is such that you have 9 box beehive in July, and in November there is only handfull of bees and the queen there. I have know that phenomenom as Colony Disapearing Disease. But now it is Darwin Syndroma. Mixture of Varroa and and Creeping Memory Loss VCML

When I started this thread I said I was interested in finding out if anyone operates in the full "Darwinian" way? I actually said that this is the opposite of what I'm planning to do, so I do understand some of the counterarguments. You've put those arguments quite well (I think).

But I get the impression that you don't think much of people who even try to think outside "the box". When I say what Tom Seeley thinks, it doesn't necessarily mean that I also think that.:banghead: I think. ;)

When I started this thread I said I was interested in finding out if anyone operates in the full "Darwinian" way? I actually said that this is the opposite of what I'm planning to do, so I do understand some of the counterarguments. You've put those arguments quite well (I think).

But I get the impression that you don't think much of people who even try to think outside "the box". When I say what Tom Seeley thinks, it doesn't necessarily mean that I also think that.:banghead: I think. ;)

It's good to play "Devils advocate" every now-and-again and, despite the esteem that Prof Seeley is held in some quarters, it seems quite clear that none of the respondents agree with him enough to back him with their bees. Some of his ideas (re: space between individual colonies) might appear plausible in the wide open spaces found in the USA, but not in a crowded country such as we have here. It is just not possible.

Latest posts

Back