Should i be concerned?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpe32

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

I purchased a nuc on the 6th of June, the population has been steadily growing and they are nice and busy. My concern is that i may have something wrong as there is not much capped brood. Most recent inspection i found plenty of eggs and growth in different stages. Appears alot of nectar in some of the brood frames but do wonder if its my fault as the contact feeder leaked!

Anyway wonder if anyone can suggest anything from this pic please?

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 64
If the population is growing and you've got eggs and uncapped brood, you shouldn't worry. I'd let them get on with things.
Wimborne is not as nice since they built Waitrose on the cricket pitch!

Are all the frames the same?
How much unsealed brood is there?
Are there eggs?
Did you see the queen in your last check?

Mostly unsealed. No proper swathes of sealed brood. Queen was seen on last check. Other frames are mixture of eggs, pollen and capped honey on edges. Next inspection going to have a closer look at growth as concerned it could be efb.

It was a 6 frame nuc. They have added stores of sugar syrup / honey and capped it off on numerous frames. Will have to check my records for numbers think it was 3-4. They are in a full hive. Not feeding anymore.

Will do on next inspection. Will be Tuesday. Thank you for the replys everyone ��

Back