Scum strike again

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, paper round, helped a dairy farm, helped a milkman, car washing, Saturday job in the market, and that was without the jobs I had to do in the house to earn my pocket money. You would probably have to pay your kids these days the minimum wage. What scares me now is that society has become cognitive and what parents do kids do the same, where as year passed we would want better for our kids and try and teach them wrong from right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Whenever I wanted a job locally, there was nothing suitable available - go and stack shelves in Tesco, no jobs available!
It's a catch 22 of wanting someone with a minimum of 2 years experience to start work, where are they going to get that experience from to begin with?!
Being "overqualified" is something else that drives my blood pressure through the roof, there's no such thing.

Don't get me started on the nepotism at the universities either, they have to publicly advertise the jobs since it's public sector funding, even though they have the job lined up for someone on the inside 99% of the time, yet they don't bother mentioning that, wasting everyone's time applying for it.
Several times I applied for jobs where I met more than the essential criteria, not even an interview, it's corrupt and it's wrong!

Regarding work in food industries e.g. tales of relatives selling cockles many moons ago, there's food hygiene certification, premises inspection, etc etc which makes it prohibitive even to consider doing.
At least beekeeping is something I can do myself and involve others when required. Rant over.

Well next time you go for a job tell them you own and manage a small natural products company.... that's a start, you could go down the lines of working with the media
, customers, clients, budgets, law, accountancy, hiring staff and so on. Nothing you tell them will be lies, all you have done is categorised individual tasks associated with beekeeping into life skills.

Cazza, The sort that does that either does not like your bees, the bee bowl or you. Probably a son or daughter pleasing their parents.
Plenty of serious villains out there between 50-75 years of age for those of you wearing rose-tinted glasses.

I had a colony stolen last year and three queens from one site, I only left one really aggressive colony on that site and sure enough that had suffered an attempted theft I discovered on new years eve. I found it about five yards from its stand, The floor had moved so imagine someone dropped it and ran when they came out at them.

What? not even a Vesta or a Harveys Duo Can?

Nope ... My mum considered Vesta curries as 'foreign food' and her and my Dad wouldn't touch anything 'foreign'... and there certainly were no Indian restauarants - let alone Takeways - anywhere within my childhood neck of the woods in the early 60's.

Plenty of serious villains out there between 50-75 years of age for those of you wearing rose-tinted glasses.

Not saying there are not now ... but crime in South Yorkshire in late 50's and early 60's was nothing like it is today and I think that the people who lived in my community were closer and more inclined to be honest and helpful than thieving and self centred. This is not a view through rose tinted specs - I lived in those times and in my present job I see the dregs of humanity that commit crimes across the UK ....I'm in a position to make an objective judgement. Yes there are villains of my age and older ... but there's a hell of a lot more who are from the next generation or two !

I had a colony stolen last year and three queens from one site, I only left one really aggressive colony on that site and sure enough that had suffered an attempted theft I discovered on new years eve. I found it about five yards from its stand, The floor had moved so imagine someone dropped it and ran when they came out at them.

So aggressive colonies have there plus side lol, i would have liked to see it on video..

We walked the mile to school - on our own (two of us) - from an early age. ....

Infringement of "Human-Rights" nowadays, Kids aren't allowed to get wet or be subjected to any temp less than 18 Deg C! otherwise it's neglect!
Farmhouse was usually unlocked. ....
So they say;

Our village was on TV, (for a little Parish Council rant), couple of years back. Chair person used her 15 min of "fame on TV" to tell the world that everyone still left their doors unlocked as we are a "very close community"!

Following week 3 houses had things "go missing".

The Police were very quick to point out, it's not a Police matter.
There has been no breaking in, nobody was directly confronted & therefore no robbery has taken place!

The regular weekly callers . . . . . all stopped for a cuppa, I think. Postie didn't stop for a cuppa very often. The local cattle feed merchant, mobile hardware fellow came about every two weeks, or monthly. . . . .

The coal merchant and cattle feed delivery men nearly always had a cuppa at delivery times. ....
Time & Motion studies will have ironed out that little bit of "WASTE".

Oh, and the prison worker ...

They daren't let out the sort they send to prison these days.
Your, "prison worker" wouldn't see the inside of a cell, just a caution or 15 mins community service + he (or she) is probably sat on their fat backside in a council house, knocking out the sprogs to boost @ £35-£40K in benefits!
Oh and the open prisons only take the white collar criminals who'd be incapable of anything like manual work!:sifone:

Even back in the war days, the hard working German POW. .....

Only POWs now are too busy writing up their memoirs or consulting with their lawyers for compensation. :auto:

We knew we should stand behind the cutter bar while oiling the knife/fingers on the mowing machine, etc. ....

Those who didn't know can't pick their noses, or worse, are no longer with us.:angelsad2:

I was six the first time I saw a Chinese, they opened a fish & chip shop around the corner. My mother warned me to behave before I went in. I couldn't understand what she meant as my best mate was Indian

A slightly different humiliation for me: In the 1940s every schoolboy wore a cap. When my mother and I entered the butchers in the square in Carmarthen she told me to 'raise my cap' to him. The humiliation rankles to this day.

If the wind has been anything like it has here it may well have been blown across a field.

Not a chance, it was full water and bricks/stones. Must've been a struggle to tip it out. Probably pinched by the same sleaze bag who leaves dogpoo tied in bags to the hedge or the other one who seems to think the public footpath is a licence to walk across the whole meadow or the ones who exercise their mutts off the lead when the skylarks are nesting. Rant over!
Cazza

Not a chance, it was full water and bricks/stones. Must've been a struggle to tip it out. Probably pinched by the same sleaze bag who leaves dogpoo tied in bags to the hedge or the other one who seems to think the public footpath is a licence to walk across the whole meadow or the ones who exercise their mutts off the lead when the skylarks are nesting. Rant over!
Cazza
Stick a sign up stating your cat has been poisoned in the area, and also several dogs, all of which have died from kidney failure in the end, make a harmless concoction and photo the evil looking substance, laminate it and stick them around the area.

Latest posts

Back