Scout’s

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I’ve got 2 Swarm traps out and was getting lots of attention 2 weeks ago but the last two weeks nothing. Was lots of bees around both 😤 just gone dead

Last edited:
I’ve got 2 Swarm traps out and was getting lots of attention 2 weeks ago but the last two weeks nothing. Was lots of bees around both 😤 just gone dead
Still time. Depends where you are.
Can you put your location in your profile. It helps people replying to you

Newark notts I did catch a swarm about 2half weeks ago but since I caught it all traps have gone dead. they were all pretty busy and not all in the same location thanks

You’ll stand a reasonable chance all through June as colonies become crammed on the main flow.

Thanks that makes sense. Was weird how they just went dead at swarm trap about 2 week ago before that there was lots of bees for weeks before. Managed to catch one out of three so well happy with that but since then not seen a bee

Thanks that makes sense. Was weird how they just went dead at swarm trap about 2 week ago before that there was lots of bees for weeks before. Managed to catch one out of three so well happy with that but since then not seen a bee

One out of three? What happened with the other two?

Just looked at one of my bait hives & I'm seeing drones coming and going amongst the worker bees. Should I take that as a sign that they've moved in?

Possibly ... why don't you have a look inside ?
I'm being lazy & it's hot! That said, I think I will as I believe the best time to move them is as soon as possible - is that right? If so, I'd move them tonight.

Of course....it'll probably be completely empty now! :ROFLMAO:

Just looked at one of my bait hives & I'm seeing drones coming and going amongst the worker bees. Should I take that as a sign that they've moved in?

I’d wait until dusk and then take a peek. That way you won’t interfere with the scouting if there’s no swarm yet.

I would have thought drones would suggest a swarm was in there….but then again maybe they’re just attracted to the queen pheremone (or lemongrass oil in this case)

I couldn't resist - & there is indeed a swarm, albeit very small. Will move the hive tonight and see what we've got next week. At best though it'll be 2.5 seams I think.

Latest posts

Back