Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep until you get people that order then don't bother to pay and collect leaving you with jars or wax that are bugger all use to you as you don't use that size. Or you stupidly let someone have some on tick and are still waiting for payment 2 years later (so called friends that ignore you even when you ask outright for payment).

This person ain't doing it for no one anymore had my fingers burnt to many times now by waste of spaces.

It still surprises me how many "friends" ask for honey, then don't have any cash on them. Having got caught out a few times I say I'll wait until they can pay, and the honey goes back into the box.

Has anybody used easibee? Their prices look very good.

I had a look on their website and found the company is called Far East Direct UK Ltd. Having heard horror stories about what chemicals are used in beekeeping in the Far East I'd be a bit circumspect about buying wax from there. Problem is, we don't know where wax sold by all the other companies comes from either!

CVB

I had a look on their website and found the company is called Far East Direct UK Ltd. Having heard horror stories about what chemicals are used in beekeeping in the Far East I'd be a bit circumspect about buying wax from there. Problem is, we don't know where wax sold by all the other companies comes from either!

CVB

if you read thornes brochure it tells you where theres comes from. I'm sure the others will tell you if asked.

I asked KBS and he told me but I have forgotten, I think UK and Aus but don't quote me on that but what I do know about his is it is by far the best on the market.

I spent £1100 with big ts last weekend at stockbridge in their sale. I will probably spend the same in their jan sale to..

Mind you I thought what they were selling this year was really poor compared to previous years.

I had a lovely email from Gill about my post a couple of days ago concerned that I was complaining about the quality of the products that were in the sale. She was very relieved when I said it was the range of products in the sale this year compared to previous not the actual quality of the products that they were selling.

I have never had issues with them and if there is a problem with the quality of a product bought, a quick email and either a replacement or refund has always been offered.

Case in point I bought some of their gloves last year and on the second use the stitching went on one of the fingers and along the hand by my thumb, i emailed Gill about it and she popped a credit note onto my account for me to buy some the next time I ordered something which was very generous of her. Other non beekeeping companies i have had problems with always ask to see a receipt even if its an exclusive product and if i haven't kept it then I'm basicly told to pi55 off then.

Nice to see you clarify that point on the forum Doug - I must agree with you, never anything but first rate service, the only gripe I have is that they seem to send farrrrrr more stuff to me than I actually ordered :D

Nice to see you clarify that point on the forum Doug - I must agree with you, never anything but first rate service, the only gripe I have is that they seem to send farrrrrr more stuff to me than I actually ordered :D

i know that feeling for some reason when I picked up at stockbridge there was an extra half pallet that was in my name but not boxed up and I'm sure I didn't order. But it would have been so rude not to take it as they had gone to so much trouble to bring it down here (7hrs instead of 4 due to problems on A34) I didn't want them to have the hassle of sending the lorry back down to pick it back up. Strangely I seemed to be driving a transit van, don't know how as I don't own one which was lucky as the space was useful. I must go back to the doc and get him to check my meds as there seem to be some strange things going on in my life at the moment lol lol lol:ohthedrama::rofl::reddevil:

i know that feeling for some reason when I picked up at stockbridge there was an extra half pallet that was in my name but not boxed up and I'm sure I didn't order. But it would have been so rude not to take it as they had gone to so much trouble to bring it down here (7hrs instead of 4 due to problems on A34) I didn't want them to have the hassle of sending the lorry back down to pick it back up. Strangely I seemed to be driving a transit van, don't know how as I don't own one which was lucky as the space was useful. I must go back to the doc and get him to check my meds as there seem to be some strange things going on in my life at the moment lol lol lol:ohthedrama::rofl::reddevil:

That is called TWOC where i come from..:D

To give credit where it's due; I have found Thornes staff to be pleasant and efficient. I have had many pleasant conversations with them, whenever I visited Wragby in the off season.
I was in something of a pickle one Sunday morning ten or fifteen years ago and phoned their office! I was actually startled when the phone was answered, I had anticipated an answerphone! I wonder if it was Gill above, to whom I was speaking or her predecessor? She was certainly very pleasant and helpful.

Latest posts

Back