Robert Webb replies to Russel Brand

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say that I agree with his politics but it's a good piece and I agree with his sentiments ... Russell Brand is a self publicising plonker on the other hand ...

And what are you?

Philip, it's a simple enough question. By posting on this forum you yourself are selfpublicising, aren't you? And when your publication merely serves to opine negatively, it does not, in my view, raise the tone of the forum, the latter being an issue that has attracted much comment lately.
All right, it's "off-topic chat", but .....
Sorry, I did not mean to offend you. And do not think it's necessary to prolong the conversation.

I've just watched the paxman interview, and read Robert Webb's piece.

1-0 to Webb, methinks.

I never liked Russell,I found him to be a bit vulgar with unnecessary innuendoes.
The bit I really like is;
If I thought I worked for David Cameron rather than the other way round, I don’t know how I’d get out of bed in the morning.

They should be reminded daily who pays their wages, expenses and to put a jumper on before going to the houses of parliament this winter because the tax payers can't afford the heating bills this year. (hypocrites)

Whatever he is, he ain't a comedian or politician.

Whatever he is, he ain't a comedian or politician.

Over 7 million followers on twitter would probably disagree about the comedian bit, and as a social commentator, whether you find him totally irritating or devilishly witty, its hard to argue that the man isnt thoughtful. My other half thinks he's amazeballs whereas I, unsurprisingly, dont quite see it that way.

Over 7 million followers on twitter would probably disagree about the comedian bit, and as a social commentator, whether you find him totally irritating or devilishly witty, its hard to argue that the man isnt thoughtful. My other half thinks he's amazeballs whereas I, unsurprisingly, dont quite see it that way.

There's nowt so queer as folk!_;

90% of which are probably young impressionable girls that don't know any better

Both undoubtedly true but missing the point that he does seem to be able to articulate the feelings of so many disenfranchised yoofs.

He could be talking about changing the world to involve fairies, elves and wizards and these people would still follow his every word. The content is nonsense.

The content is nonsense.

Much as I hate to defend the pillock, I disagree, IMHO the content can be thoughtful and articulate, (not that I wish to waste too much time reading or listening to his wanderings).

He could be talking about changing the world to involve fairies, elves and wizards and these people would still follow his every word. The content is nonsense.

I agree to some extent, I don't consider Russell Brand to be a suitable role model for the young people who clearly hang on all his words ... whilst not wishing to elaborate, unduly, on my previous post I think the only thing that Russell Brand really, genuinely, cares about is Russell Brand, whether it's an act or not is irrelevant his words have an impact and that is undesirable.

Perhaps not Orwell but The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists might alter Russel Brand's opinions

I judge on actions and not solely words (although they are important)

On that basis Brand is a nasty obnoxious person.

Latest posts

Back