Replacement [for] Thorne motor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
10-20 depending
Sorry if in wrong forum but I couldn't see a better. Thorne has "eaten" one of our Association extractor* motors sent in for assessment / repair and I have taken on the challenge of sorting it out. The Thorne replacement is expensive and when I called Parvalux I was shocked. Any ideas? Ideally for a drop-in variable speed 240v motor rather than a drill solution etc.?

* This one https://www.thorne.co.uk/honey-and-...n/extractors/thorne-extractors?product_id=303

If Thornes admit losing your motor, or you have evidence that they received it, then surely it is their responsibility to provide a replacement?

Thanks Heather @madasafish and everyone: I was looking to do cheaper than the drop-ins, as @Amari says, they seem overpriced. Good point on chasing Thornes, @viridens: I was not involved in the original exchanges and I could probably have fixed the thing: the spares can usually be dug out somewhere.

Back