reading on cell punch method of queen production

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil1961

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,
I've been lurking and reading for some while now and decided to get my feet wet with the forum by asking for some help. Can anyone advise where I can obtain a copy of "Raise your own queens by the punched cell method" by Richard Smailes

Suggestions much appreciated

Have you tried the library book list of your local association?

I note that Cleveland BKA and East Devon BKA have copies in their libraries - maybe yours has too.

CVB

p.s. Hampshire BKA does not have it in its library list
p.p.s. If you don't mind talking to the scummers, Southampton and District BKA have a copy in their library.

Last edited:
Hi,

Many thanks to all for the info, links etc.

I had done a bit of surfing etc. so its reassuring that I've not missed an opportunity.

I hope one day to get to one of Rogers days, and have been lobbying FDBKA to get him along to give a workshop for us. How knows it just might happen on day.

The Fat Bee Man , JCs, redneck and others, all on U TUBE, offers lots of practical stuff ( cant see much UK content here). Pitty much of Hedgerow Pete's video library on here seems not to work for me ( was hoping to get some good tips on Nucs and building the easy). Hope its me so will keep trying.

Being an old git I'm trying to have a copy of the text of this book / pamphlet to keep by me - reassurance and I'm a bit of a reference seeker.

So goal is now to see if I can find a copy to buy, as its wrong to infringe copyrights. In the mean time I'll see if I can make contact with SBKA ( sad they are scummers but hey!) and see if they will loan out to a non member of their BKA. Any SBKA members on this forum that could help facilitate ?

Cell punching sees a good way to progress given some of the challenges of grafting.

Once again many thanks for the valuable input = still seeking a copy to be able to hang onto.

Hi,

Many thanks to all for the info, links etc.

I had done a bit of surfing etc. so its reassuring that I've not missed an opportunity.

I hope one day to get to one of Rogers days, and have been lobbying FDBKA to get him along to give a workshop for us. How knows it just might happen on day.

The Fat Bee Man , JCs, redneck and others, all on U TUBE, offers lots of practical stuff ( cant see much UK content here). Pitty much of Hedgerow Pete's video library on here seems not to work for me ( was hoping to get some good tips on Nucs and building the easy). Hope its me so will keep trying.

Being an old git I'm trying to have a copy of the text of this book / pamphlet to keep by me - reassurance and I'm a bit of a reference seeker.

So goal is now to see if I can find a copy to buy, as its wrong to infringe copyrights. In the mean time I'll see if I can make contact with SBKA ( sad they are scummers but hey!) and see if they will loan out to a non member of their BKA. Any SBKA members on this forum that could help facilitate ?

Cell punching sees a good way to progress given some of the challenges of grafting.

Once again many thanks for the valuable input = still seeking a copy to be able to hang onto.

When I have the odd hour, I will update on my experiences this year...Cell punching is easier than grafting but if you are elderly and with poor eyesight, it still has its issues.

(which are easily solvable -eventually)

Latest posts

Back