Rain today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats rough, today is a good sunny dry day over here, bit windy and just 13 degrees. Going round checking all hives this afternoon.

And there is the difference in this weird country climatically. Murox is less than 100 miles to the West of me, though 228 by road and totally different weather. The weather station has now recorded 29.9mm and 9C here.

PH

Now more than 30mm here and I am hoping that a broken field drain in our veg plot will soon run as I have been trying to find it. Only trouble is I'm currently one handed.... aye a something as they say.

PH

Out doing winter prep in South West Essex and the village of Moreton was virtually cut off. This was one road with both vehicles stationary. The chap in the van said his socks were wet. Several rivers and streams had burst their banks. Didn't add insult to injury by giving them a Hilux generated bow wave. At least the sun was out and I got the bees done.

Attachments

• Moreton.jpg
    Moreton.jpg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 30
I have a jug left in the garden that I'd been using last week for wax meting. it was empty on Friday. Its now full and over flowing after four days rain on and off. just measured the jug and it's 125mm to the spout.

I wish it would rain here. We’re down 3.5” this year, and my honey house well has dried up. Right when we were extracting. Now we’re mixing winter feed..20,000 lbs so far. I’m buying bulk deliveries of water until we get that rain I’m hoping for

Quite similar to PH. Almost no sun for the last 2-3 weeks, cloudy/wet/windy throughout.

Back