Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you lot are still doing it the hard at times, it does make me laugh,

i am as blind as a bat looking at anything closer than a foot to my nose as i am so long sighted, even the wife says i need glasses to find my glasses.

i use a mixture of contack lenses and normal glasses through out the day , depending on what i am doing at work,

but in the bee shed AND the outside hives, i have two magnifying glasses a small one about 100mm round £2 from the local market made by a firm called blackspur, only a cheap plastic lens but for two quid its ok

the second one and my main one and yes it does work outside is one of those magnifying lenses on an arm with a built in light it has a massive lens around 200mm round, its in most of the bee shed videos and deffinatly in the one about tools, when its outside i have drilled a 14mm diam hole in one of the hive holding cross bars and you can set it up so the sun is at the side and its just a case of setting your self up to see properly,

as and when i graft i use one of those forehead mounting ones with the light built in and the changable lenses, that why by bee veil on my home made suit is so long , even my chin has problems trying to fit inside a normal persons veil

but in the bee shed AND the outside hives, i have two magnifying glasses a small one about 100mm round £2 from the local market made by a firm called blackspur, only a cheap plastic lens but for two quid its ok

the second one and my main one and yes it does work outside is one of those magnifying lenses on an arm with a built in light it has a massive lens around 200mm round, its in most of the bee shed videos and deffinatly in the one about tools, when its outside i have drilled a 14mm diam hole in one of the hive holding cross bars and you can set it up so the sun is at the side and its just a case of setting your self up to see properly,

I can just see it now, nice hot sunny day, looking for HM with a magnifying glass, ah yes, there she is, ZAP......

Seriously tho.
I use cheap Ready Readers as required, but got a pair with a larger diameter lens (A bit like the snooker player style) to give a bit more of 'field of view'. At £1.50 a pair a couple of years ago.

Latest posts

Back