Quick way to fill up small jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

testka

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all,
Need to fill up hundreds of small 1oz jars as gifts. I did this last time using a jug and was painfully slow. The normal tap on a honey bucket is not really suitable for just small jars. Any suggestions please?
Thanks.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The tap into a wide funnel that you can block the end off with your finger. it takes two of us, one on the main tap and one on the bottom of the funnel!
E

Turkey baster with runny honey.

Thank you all, some great ideas there. Would love the swienty but doubt very much I can justify this to the Mrs. Those pumps seem like they might do the trick and are nice and cheap so worth a try. Thanks again.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thornes used to do a small push pump that fitted in lid of 30lb bucket ideal for what you want, look on the web or give them a call

How much does those 1oz jars sell for with honey in :)
I'm not sure what I is get for them?

What do you sale 8oz jar at? As I get more for a 8 oz jar than you do for four 2oz. Plus your cost of labels and more jars I would of thought you would charge more really?

What do you sale 8oz jar at? As I get more for a 8 oz jar than you do for four 2oz. Plus your cost of labels and more jars I would of thought you would charge more really?

I only have one small outlet for 2oz jars at a local b and b. I guess I do them a bit of a favour. However their clientele come and buy larger jars from me. I don't do 8oz, only 12oz, I do them at £5.

I have been asked for 1oz but I'm still no closer to a price at which to sale : ( I get 50p less you for 8oz jar. My main thoughts are extra messing about and those fiddly little Labels..

If you have been asked for them then ask them if they are prepared to pay X amount and see what their reaction is. As long as you are in profit then I really don't see what the problem is!
E

Time really is one but also I like to get the most £ from my time, asking another business isn't normally the way forward to achieving this!

Latest posts

Back