Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterbean

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi everyone,i live in north east lincolnshire and i need a quuen,2011 and not imported,happy to collect,also a nuc to if available...can anyone help?

I once heard of someone buying a queen and putting it into a beehive with the expectation that she would make a new colony.

and if you stand six honey jars on the crownboard they wil fill them for you, not strong enough to put the lids on though. LOL

I can supply a nuc with a 2010 queen but it is a bit early yet for 2011 girls.

PM if interested.

PH

At Last

I have been trying my luck this year with early grafting.
Everything is 1 month early in the garden, even the weather has been good.
So much so that my efforts have been rewarded, I now have 11 Nucs with emerged Queens awaiting mating, all 5 frame Nucs. But the good news is 1 Queen has mated already and on the 30th April Eggs were seen, not many but about a dozen. My best ever result.
Bad news is all Nucs are already sold, and a long waiting list already in place.
Must be doing something right.
Bob.

Great news Bob. You must be doing something right indeed. :)

I would urge the original poster not to buy bees until s/he has had some actual hands on training. It makes me sad that some bees are some of the public are getting a rough ride because some new beekeepers seem to forget that bees are livestock that swarm and sting.

Back