Queen going spare

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 + 1 Observation Hive
Hi all big ask not sure if im braking the rule of the forum adim please remove if so
my observation hive had a failing queen so much that she is now gone and no eggs for them to make a new Q is any one out there in the area of Manchester i could have please leave me a Private message to make contact for a chat
Thank you Alan

yes but im very interested to watch them accept a new Q
putting in a new frame will just be a bit of a pain due to other bees from another hive being put in without the uniting method :thanks:

Hi
If you put in just the brood frame with eggs & young larva without the bees, usually referred to as a "test frame" if the colony is queen less you will see queen cells which will support your view that the queen is dead/gone and there isn't a young mated queen or virgin in the hive have you have missed. If the colony is strong it may rear reasonable quality Queen cells one of which you can use to replace your old queen. You should be able to see all this happening through your observation window!

Latest posts

Back