Queen genes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDWOOD

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I don't know much about queen rearing but I have a hive that superseded and the bees have turned out to be little buggers, so what I was think of doing Is remove the queen wait until all the brood is capped and put a frame of eggs from a gentle queen. What are the chances that the new queen produced will be like the queen who laid the egg or like the drones from the stingy hive or a bit of both

The drones involved in fertilising those eggs are long dead. So it's their genetic make up you need to know about...and likely can't. Just because your queen was gentle it doesn't mean the drone that will have "fathered" your next queen will be...

...no need to wait til the brood is capped, just get in there six days after you add the frame to knock down the extra cells in the box AND on the frame you add.

You have 3 hives. Don't believe that you have good parent hives from where it is worth to take virgin/virgins.' Best what you can do is to bye a laying queen from professional breeder.

just about genes...

You have 3 hives. Don't believe that you have good parent hives from where it is worth to take virgin/virgins.' Best what you can do is to bye a laying queen from professional breeder.

just about genes...

i agree, had same problem.

Latest posts

Back