Queen excluder.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always have a spare excluder - that way you can put your spare one on whilst cleaning off any brace comb from the other

Always have a spare excluder - that way you can put your spare one on whilst cleaning off any brace comb from the other

Please explain why one would need to do this. Brace comb removal is not likely to take more than a couple minutes?

RAB

I'm struggling with one of the cheap orange plastic ones. As I lift a corner it bends in the middle. I lift a second corner, then a third and all of a sudden it all comes off like it is spring loaded, which I suppose it is.

My bees really don't like being 'launched' like that.:(

I'll never, by choice, use another.

I think these orange Q excluder's from Th**nes are on recall as the auto makers say! stop using ASAP. Get in touch with Th**nes re free replacements.

As far as I know it is only the yellow QE that Th**nes are replacing. I have a yellow one and will be returning it this week for a replacement.

I'm struggling with one of the cheap orange plastic ones. As I lift a corner it bends in the middle. I lift a second corner, then a third and all of a sudden it all comes off like it is spring loaded, which I suppose it is.

My bees really don't like being 'launched' like that.:(

I'll never, by choice, use another.

I agree. the plastoc ones are useless. Having no frame like the wired ones they lie too close to the top bars of the frames underneath and mine is usually stuck to the top bars. On one occasion i lifted a frame of bees out by accident which promtly fell off onto the floor buut luckily not many bees were damaged.

Latest posts

Back