PP garage to honey extraction room

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priono

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Do I need a planning permission to transform a double garage into a food save honey extraction room. Water is present. Wool I be able to claim that as a permanent address? Anybody experiences? Thanks a million

Permanent address?

Sounds like you want to change a "lock-up" car-storage garage into either a residence or business premises.
Either of which is going to bring close contact with officialdom, and you'd be best advised to get all the legalities sorted out well before starting any work. (I wouldn't get your hopes too high.)

No problem if it were part of your (owned) house AND beekeeping is only a hobby. Only things there to watch out for is that you don't use it exclusively for something that anyone might consider to be a business...

No problem if it were part of your (owned) house AND beekeeping is only a hobby. Only things there to watch out for is that you don't use it exclusively for something that anyone might consider to be a business...

You're right.

Giving it a separate address, even if it is within your property, will alert the powers that be that it could be for a business and might even lead to them trying to alter the rateable value of that proportion of your property.

Better, probably, if it's part of your existing property to just do the changes and forget the idea of a dedicated, and separate, address for honey extraction.

As far as I know a garage can be changed into an outbuilding with a different use without the need for planning. The information should be either on Planning Portal or on your own council's website.

Latest posts

Back