Poly National?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithgrimes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Does anyone know when the poly national hive advertised in BeeCraft will be available? I have looked on MB's website and its unclear (unless I've failed to spot it). Keen to get my hands on a couple.

have you tried Rooftops direct?

from the MB site:

"John Laidler says:
March 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm
If you register for our Newsletter, which you can do from the front page of our website you will here about the hive as soon as it is available."

i can see where you're coming from admin (sorry that was unintentional) but if a true representation i'd advise seeing your GP about getting an ultrasound booked or at least seeing if it transilluminates with a pen torch!

But just remember, they are not all the same!

M*d*rn B**k**p*ng - top bee space, same footprint as BS National, only holds ten frames (which is no bother whatsoever). Easily modded for bottom bee space timber supers, if you wanted to, I would think. Likely there (stocked), but awaiting Stoneleigh as launch date, is my guess?

B**h*v* S*ppl**s - larger footprint than BS National but takes the standard eleven frames. Bottom bee space. Box jointed boxes (rather than closed joints, I believe) so may not be as robust as the MB offering (in extreme abuse situations! - the way PH treats his polyhives!!).

WFP - Invisible and likely to be for a long time - but I am sure WFP would allow anyone stupid enough to part with their money now (on a WFP promise), to pay now and perhaps/maybe/possibly collect later!

There again, you might finish up with a b**h*v* S*ppl**s, or other, version instead (at a much later date than you expected).

RAB

I also heard someone in N. England is planning to bring in some Swienty nationals.
Await Stoneleigh so they can all be inspected.

I understand that Swienty have been making more nationals and Wynne Jones hope to have them mid/end April,

Latest posts

Back