pollen substitute patties and sugar syrup

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very few use pollen feeding or protein feeding in the beekeeping..
Of course bees do well with their own.

Nonsense, a big one, that if you feed pollen patty in autumn, you have not winter losses. That is pure product marketing speaking. That is mimicing CCD.

Bees have 32 pest and disases, and pollen prevent them all. Amen.

Carniolan bee store quite much pollen over winter, and it has same diseases what Italian has.
A year ago Amrosia saved all bees from winter dead outs. You really kno to market to 2-hive owners

Yeah. I missed the point, but what point, totally.

Last edited:
The bees do very well without pollen supplements in this area, pollen available all year round and they mostly cram the lower boxes full of it, too full at times, they over winter well with very few losses.
But i can understand the need for pollen sub in some of the more barren parts of the country.

Bees get pollen in Finland 4 months in a year. They get normal sugar from September to May. They do at least as well as in Britain.

So one guy wrote in this forum. He sold ambrosia too. But actually it is true.

In my hives ordinary sugar save every year my bees because I take all honey off before winter.

In Alaska they kill bees and buy new package bees in spring..... And they sell pollen patty to keep the bees healthy up to August.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back