Pollen galore

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeBo

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
1 WBC 2 National
Thought I would share this image.

Felt a bit sorry for them. They looked exhausted as they threw themselves at the landing board.

It was taken today at about 1.30 pm. Temp around 17 degrees.

Does anyone have any idea what the pollen may have come from? Surrounded by pasture farmland and small copses. About a mile away from any gardens.

It looks as though they have found the willow

Willow for sure. Lots in the apiary field and alive with queen bumbles and honey bees. The sound is amazing!

Thank you for your replies. Willow makes sense, hives are close to a small lake. Where there's water there's willow. Nice to think they haven't had to fly too far with those loads.

Could I becoming too attached to them? That will probably change though once inspections start with resulting stings.

Beebo,
Mine have found the willow too. One looked like it had been spray painted yellow, but nothing in the pollen baskets. Me thinks she must have been on the nectar!

Beebo,
Mine have found the willow too. One looked like it had been spray painted yellow, but nothing in the pollen baskets. Me thinks she must have been on the nectar!

Something like this?

All the hives I checked today had lots of bees covered in it!

And yes there is the start of a flow on amazingly!!!

Latest posts

Back