Pollen coming in.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Scavenger

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
It's me again. I picked up a virgin queen swarm, a few days ago. I put it in an empty hive with 1:1 feed and I have spotted, today, bees bringing in pollen. Am I right to think that the queen has been mated, and now laying.

It's me again. I picked up a virgin queen swarm, a few days ago. I put it in an empty hive with 1:1 feed and I have spotted, today, bees bringing in pollen. Am I right to think that the queen has been mated, and now laying.

In a word , no. Shows that they have comb to store. Other thanthat check for egg's

It is certainly a promising sign, but unfortunately does not prove you have a mated laying queen. Leave well alone for the moment, do not pull the hive apart searching for a queen. Have patience and most likely you will shortly have a q+ colony.

It is certainly a promising sign, but unfortunately does not prove you have a mated laying queen. Leave well alone for the moment, do not pull the hive apart searching for a queen. Have patience and most likely you will shortly have a q+ colony.
Many thanks all. Patience is a virtue!!

Latest posts

Back