Pollen aplenty

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumble Bee Slim

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Three questions if I may
1 ) Some brood boxes are chock a block with pollen,should I remove some frames to free up space for the queens laying, if so what to do with said frames (no deep freeze available) ?
2) Do bees move pollen around within the hive themselves?
3) If an abundance of nectar is a flow what is a large amount of pollen coming in called?
Thanks in anticipation, Dave.

Double brood is the obvious choice. Pull a couple of central brood frames up into the second box, push the combs together and add some foundation frames to make up the deficit in both boxes. Make sure the queen is not in the half and place it over the excluder so they use it as a honey super when the brood emerges.

Double brood is the obvious choice. Pull a couple of central brood frames up into the second box, push the combs together and add some foundation frames to make up the deficit in both boxes. Make sure the queen is not in the half and place it over the excluder so they use it as a honey super when the brood emerges.
Steve, going back to my other question, do bees move pollen within the hive?

Steve, going back to my other question, do bees move pollen within the hive?
I don't know about that but they will put it in thefirst supers if the brood box is full.
I to would be interested to know the answer to your question.

Latest posts

Back