Planning winter meetings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
We have to start thinking of winter meeting themes and I am looking to the forum to come up with new interesting ideas to educate, interest and involve the members who meet in a village hall.
What have your Assoc done that was a memorable evening in the bee keeping world?? - keep it clean ;)

Try a pollen analysis evening. Bring a sample of honey and find out what plants it was made from.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Try a pollen analysis evening. Bring a sample of honey and find out what plants it was made from.

Lawks, will have to start learning myself first.....Maybe the Honey judge will have the know how... a local lady. not worthy

Ask yourself is your chosen evening a suitable one for all?

I have to turn down speaking invites for mid week... busy time for myself.

PH

Ask yourself is your chosen evening a suitable one for all?

I have to turn down speaking invites for mid week... busy time for myself.

PH

No time will be good for all though, sometimes as an organiser you just have to go with a date.

We have to start thinking of winter meeting themes and I am looking to the forum to come up with new interesting ideas to educate, interest and involve the members who meet in a village hall.
What have your Assoc done that was a memorable evening in the bee keeping world?? - keep it clean ;)

Heather,
Our association has had a few good ones, such as swarm control with contributors demonstrating the theory with equipment, such as pagdon and snellgrove.

We had three demo's of queen rearing with a follow up meeting later in the year.

Latest posts

Back