Pam's Moroccan stylee goat

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I see this thread title I read "Pam's Moroccan style goatee", without fail.

Since I kept goats, I got to enjoy goat meat. If you don't fancy goat, go for Lamb. British of course. Take one leg of goat or lamb. Stab it all over with a sharp knife. Into eat cut, insert a sliver of fresh garlic. Then shake some ginger powder over and rub well in. Drizzle some lemon juice (one of those jif lemons is fine), sprinkle some rosemary over and then drizzle 2 tablespoons of runny honey over the lot. Wrap in foil and slow cook on a medium heat for about an hour and a half, uncover and poke with a needle or clean knife to check it's cooked and if it is, leave uncovered, turn the heat up, and carry on cooking for 20 minutes.It's my own recipe and everyone I've given it to declares it delicious.

Having travelled in the Caribbean for more that 20yrs, how does it compare to curry goat?

Ingredients
Curried Goat - Ingredients 2lb (including bones) of goat meat - cut in to cubes (lamb may be used as a substitute)
2 tbsp. curry powder
2 diced onions
2 scallions (or spring onions)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 hot chillies (ideally scotch bonnet)
1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
6 cloves of minced garlic
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 lb. diced carrots
1/2 lb. diced potato