ouch and nowhere near bees..!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoseCottage

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
From 5 to 2 and hopefully a better year
Last night my family and I were discussing label design and we spent a couple of hours searching the web for photos of a WBC in a flower meadow to use as a background image.

Sadly, all images were low res but we discovered some stock photos that we liked so we thought we would try and buy one (not our preferred route).

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch...and Ouch again.

I was being quoted £259 for an image. Madness we only want a pretty background image for a label on probably a couple of hundred jars.

Does anybody have one, or know where we can get a sensible one on the web?

Thanks,
Sam

All,
Thanks for responding...

My own hives are sat in a field but I wouldn't call their current location an attractive one sadly. If I move them this year I will do my best to take pictures but I cannot be sure of an attractive result!

The lavender pic is lovely but probably as you suggest misleading. The buttercup hive is ok but I was looking for a white WBC. Also when you try to buy them you have to fill out the licensing function which takes them to 125 odd credits...expensive again...

Thanks for taking the time though,
Sam

and heres one I made 5 mins ago....

Mk 2 much better...and if it was white...
I see no dalek...

Many thanks,

Sam

Last edited:
just type wbc hive into google images and you will find loads

I did that but none had decent resolution or belonged to an agency who wanted buckets of cash.

I.. was hoping for some assistance from fellow beeks if at all possible...

Sam

i don't think the attempts above could be improved upon without having the "bees" draped across the hives with skirts hitched up.

Does make me wonder what you lads "Google Search" for, to come up with images like that!!!!! :smilielol5:

i don't think the attempts above could be improved upon without having the "bees" draped across the hives with skirts hitched up.

Ought to be in the Ann Summers catalogue...

Latest posts

Back