Opinions please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamieb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all,

I posted a while ago thinking I may have been Q-.
Basically after a period of indecision and a few conversations with people more experience than myself it looked like I had laying workers.

After a quick check yesterday I came across this, was I mistaken with the laying workers idea or is this simply the tail end of the colony?

IMG_20110814_171701.jpg

IMG_20110814_171639.jpg

IMG_20110814_171706.jpg

On the 30th of July you reported that on or about the 7th of July you had shall we say a wee misshap.

Following that you had a period of broodless ness.

How happily you have a laying queen again and all is happyness.

The maths is right for a lost queen and a newly mated queen which seems to have mated some two weeks ago.

PH

:iagree:

The open queen cells that you saw were therefore already hatched as suggested previously.

Hmmm, so it would seem I've totally misread the hive, missed a hatched queen cup and missed a new queen?

Sounds like I've been very lucky or very unlucky depending on how you look at it.

Hmmm, so it would seem I've totally misread the hive, missed a hatched queen cup and missed a new queen?

Sounds like I've been very lucky or very unlucky depending on how you look at it.

Yup best you give up now...Can i get your stuff :reddevil:

If you have a queen cell you are not sure of, re hatched or not, a wee poke at the tip of the cell with the corner of your hive tool will either reveal a "trap door" as the bees have a nasty habit of re-sealing them, or a viable cell.

PH

Thanks for the tip Poly hive.

Winker, Chickendave,

Sorry, I'll push on for now...if I do give up I'll let you know.....and tip off the gamekeeper...;)

Latest posts

Back