One for DrS....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What have you done,he will be buying tones now.I bet he will be adding roof box as well :D

i'd already looked into making a flat bed (think 1m wide trailer without wheels) to fix to the boot floor and open flap to turn it into a pickup.

or the not homologated tow bar option.

i wonder if they could do them with steering rear axle as the turning circle on smarts is dire - even the disco is better!

Is there such a thing as,Aww the parking space is too small :D

...or the not homologated tow bar option.

Seriously (yes...), it is extremely unfortunate that Smart don't want to have anything to do with trailers (or rather a towbar to allow a trailer to be attached.)
It would increase the versatility, and thus market appeal, of their product.

Especially since a roofbox, or even a roofrack, is not allowed.
There used to be an angled bike rack that covered the rear hatch - and left rather a lot of bike hanging out at each side of the car ...

Once upon a time when real Minis were normal transport until they rusted, there was a fashion for making a trailer out of the back half of a Mini (ideally a Minivan). Looked rather good when towed by a matching vehicle.
Genuinely a shame that you can't attach a towbar to a Smart.

As I understand it, using an unauthorised towbar (even without anything attached) would invalidate the insurance, and thus create the risk of prosecution.

Dont knock the smart Fourtwo
They can take two national hives in the so called "boot" if you replace the roofs with a travel screens. Although I will say it was a bit daunting picking up a colony after its been on the OSR. 40,000+ very agitated bees a few inches behind your head, you make sure they are well and truly strapped up front to back and side to side.
:eek:

mikea - as i've posted here before the key to a headache free journey with hives is to use over bed mozzie nets. They are large and cheap (<£10 fleabay or ikea). just lay net out in the boot, insert hives and fold net over, tucking loose edges down between hives and bodywork. no escapees. job done.

Seriously (yes...), it is extremely unfortunate that Smart don't want to have anything to do with trailers (or rather a towbar to allow a trailer to be attached.)
It would increase the versatility, and thus market appeal, of their product.

Especially since a roofbox, or even a roofrack, is not allowed.
There used to be an angled bike rack that covered the rear hatch - and left rather a lot of bike hanging out at each side of the car ...

Once upon a time when real Minis were normal transport until they rusted, there was a fashion for making a trailer out of the back half of a Mini (ideally a Minivan). Looked rather good when towed by a matching vehicle.
Genuinely a shame that you can't attach a towbar to a Smart.

As I understand it, using an unauthorised towbar (even without anything attached) would invalidate the insurance, and thus create the risk of prosecution.
Ever since I saw an early Smart I have wanted to buy two, convert one into a trailer - and call it Smarticulated.

Latest posts

Back