Olympic Opening Ceremony

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning opening ceremony. More than proud to be British. The subliminal political messages were inspirational - a real force for liberty around the world. Very very clever and incredibly politically astute.

Dusty Rhodes said:
Beehives!

So, what sort are they?

Not much smoke from his smoker.

D

Volunteer bees in White Box Cartons :D

Let the games begin!

Just a wee reminder to some of the negatives esp about the NHS that the vast majority of those competing countries would give their eye teeth for a fraction of what we so blithely take for granted.

Overall what do you include and what do you leave out over a span 300 years of our history? Now think about that one.

Look at the faces of those female athletes who are representing their country for the first time, the first time that they have been allowed to do so. No wonder the suffragettes were featured... I could go on for a lot longer.

We here thought it awesome and the final touch of the youths lighting the flame selected by the gold medallists was just inspired, and the emphasis on youth was also inspired. JK Rowling was there for the money she has spent, her own cash, on helping kids to get to grips with reading... youth again.

How it played in the States and so on goodness knows. Hopefully their commentators were well briefed. But I hae ma doots...

Bring on the road race.... Wiggo in support... it should be amazing.

PH

Stunning opening ceremony. More than proud to be British. The subliminal political messages were inspirational - a real force for liberty around the world. Very very clever and incredibly politically astute.

yep, having people like Shami Chakrabarti, suffragettes, etc involved sent a strong message I thought

Poly Hive;260536 Bring on the road race.... Wiggo in support... it should be amazing. PH[/QUOTE said:
Grandson wants a yellow bike!!

Am in Teddington giving my daughter cuddles......Mum died yesterday (she was very ill but her death was unexpected)

We'll be in Bushy park to cheer The Manx Missile on :)
As for Box Hill.....nine times? Bloomin hard to walk up once,used to take the dog there :)

I watched most of it round at a friends but gave up just after 11 to go home it was getting a bit late for me but I thought it was great it showed our quirky eccentric ways mixed in with our sense of humour. Perhaps they could have had a section devoted to winging and moaning with a few on here could have stepped forward :biggrinjester:.

Thankfully I have not been caught up in the mad traffic in London so far its all been going the other way. I went and transfferred some bees into a rooftop TBH yesterday evening and its within todays roads race.

I really don't see the need, attraction or the hype of watching people running around in their pants..........well maybe some but enjoyed the opening ceremony.
That's it now, films and ITV for a fortnight or if weathers good, garden is in for a treat!
S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started to watch with baited breath thinking it could go either way - dreadful or inspired. Very happy that it was the latter.

STILL can't believe it was the actual Queen in the clip. Well done ma'am. You is well cool.

Well I thought it was wonderful!

I was half expecting a massive inflatable Maggie Thatcher to come in and kick down the chimneys to symbolise her destruction of the manufacturing industry.

Brilliant tho.

well it had me in Awe. I am Proud to be British for a change

yep, having people like Shami Chakrabarti, suffragettes, etc involved sent a strong message I thought

Having a guard of honour for the torch from all the construction workers was a fantastic snub at Bejing and the human rights abuses
surrounding the construction of their stadia.

Day one of my Olympics fest is underway. Radio 5 is accompanying me to the garden and hives. Yippee! Swimming was excellent this morning. Opening ceremony was quirky and so much better than the normal drum banging c***.
A very happy O:party:lympic Cazza

Latest posts

Back