Old Beek Lore

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The end is in sight, but only because your flies are undone!
(Only applicable to those who have large apiaries or who've done very slow farmer's market's)

Michael, Great to see your here on this forum. Guess you must really have left B-Source. I am almost fed up there, as well.
He is a much valued member on here .... we love his advice and the insight into keeping bees in a very different environment to most of us over here.

A bit like "you'll only catch fish if ypur flies are in the water"
When I first heard that expression, as a kid on holiday in North Wales ... I thought it referred to those fishing in the middle of the river up to their B.....cks in the water and I pestered my mum and dad for a pair of waders so I could join them ....

He is a much valued member on here .... we love his advice and the insight into keeping bees in a very different environment to most of us over here.
Yes, I am well aware of his lecture series across the pond, such as Sustainable Beekeeping, etc. Beekeeping anywhere is challenging nowadays, but to thrive in beekeeping in his climate takes a special talent.

Michael, Great to see your here on this forum. Guess you must really have left B-Source. I am almost fed up there, as well.

I've spend considerable time on B-Source. Always trying to correct some of the BS there, or add something that helps others.Some months ago they began adding adverts in the middle of threads, looking like part of the thread. When one came through selling fentanyl, that was it. I was told to get an ad blocker. Not a chance...if the new owner can't control the site, I'm gone.

I've spend considerable time on B-Source. Always trying to correct some of the BS there, or add something that helps others.Some months ago they began adding adverts in the middle of threads, looking like part of the thread. When one came through selling fentanyl, that was it. I was told to get an ad blocker. Not a chance...if the new owner can't control the site, I'm gone.
Yup, I read that and I agree. For me, it was not the adverts as I use Firefox incognito mode to eliminate all the garbage, it was the shrapnel people throw at me for my unique beekeeping stance.

I have not quite abandoned Bee-L or Bee Source, though. But staying away from that for quite a while brings me a sense of sanity back. Tempus tacendi.

If you happen to have any surplus queens this spring, I would give Marsha another try to reinvigorate my stock with a northern lineage.

Latest posts

Back