OK... What next

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig1961

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
I am now the proud owner of a router and a bit (12.7mm). My main interest is to make lifts for WBC hives.

I will be using 18mm Hardboard ply.. I have a good source for this.

Does anyone know of the best jig to use with the above to make the box joints? I looked at the Trend, but it says dovetail size is 12.7... Of course, I am looking to make 18... Am I reading this wrong or do I need a larder jig?

Thanks,

Craig. :confused:

Thats what I thought. I wanted a price on Marine, but he reccomended HB ply...
It's on B-Q site....

A lot of people have said such joints are not possible. I have 7 lifts that are plywood... Joints look fine.... Anyway, she shouted enough about buying router, I better try to use it...... If it goes in the garage still in the box along side the rifle and leccy guitar, I fear for my life...

Joint in ply are fine as long as you use a backing piece to stop breakout of the grain.

Dove tails in ply are neither particularly strong or pretty. I don't see the advantage of spending the time doing it this way. Bevel cut and a couple of dominos or biscuits would be much quicker and easier - and just as effective.

Latest posts

Back