Oils

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castanea

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Hi

I wanted to buy some oils, lemongrass etc I visited a health shop and asked for advise. I know they have to be food grade can you please help the person knew Nothing about them.
Thanks

Any pictures and the actual name of the product would be a great help. I know it must be 100% but that's my limit.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8067.jpg
    IMG_8067.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Cymbopogon citratus honey bee attractant

Cymbopogon winterii
honey bee ( and most insect ) repellent almost as good as DEET !!

Yeghes da

Just found this with the Latin on the label so took a chance its the real deal.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BDLQ076?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00"]10ml Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Citratus) 100% Pure Essential Aromatherapy Oil: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Thats a good price, free delivery, worth buying a few at that price and stocking up. I used about 30ml last year, truck minged of the stuff, quite pleasant actually!!

I will see what the quality is like then order a bit more if necessary.

No worries Richard, good luck to you.
I am a Newbee so would be interested in how you use it for swarms etc.
Love Brittany too.

No worries Richard, good luck to you.
I am a Newbee so would be interested in how you use it for swarms etc.
Love Brittany too.

Hi Shazza, cant send the link, because this forum won't allow me to post the link, but i did a write up on what i do. if you go to google and put in "swarm traps how to make them and where to place them" think you should find it. if not pm me and i will send you the link by email. Ive been successfully trapping swarm for 5 years, usually average around 18 each year so it seems to work.

Whoops

Set up my spare Poly hive a couple of days ago and put two tiny drops of the Lemon Grass oil in it.

2 days later where I had put the oil the paint bubbled up and the Polystyrene melted.

So be advised to stick it on a cotton ball or something else. Lucky I did not go mad with the oil. The patch is sticky where the oil has touched hopefully it will harden up again.

Latest posts

Back