Oh dear, what a mess...not a TBH...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and the seller wants £170 plus postage for a non-standard brood box with 10-12 frames and foundation...? It's not a Beehaus MK2 is it?

Oh no - from googling 'home bee honeyhive' from the photo, I find this offering.

Ye gads. Shall we take it in turns? Bagsy dealing with the "WBC" bit...

The ebay pictures appear to show no roof or floor and readily admits there is a box missing. How they came up with the price for random components is anyone's guess. An odd addition for the seller whose other sales looks like various return or refurbish PC kit.

On ebay it looks like a not-quite-finished WBC brood box complete with frames and an hexagonal outer. Yet the picture embedded in the description from the makers site has what look like top bars on a box. They even have a video of an occupied box. It shows bees in their top bar brood but includes a quick still of what might be a framed super to go on top. A design methodology that resembles throwing darts at a catalogue and putting whatever parts you hit together.

*Please note, as the bee hive is hand-made to order there is up to a 6 week lead time for this bee keeping kit.*

Just in time for next season, lol.

Or this year: order when Spring should start, arrives when Spring does start. Maybe they know something... ;)

*Please note, as the bee hive is hand-made to order there is up to a 6 week lead time for this bee keeping kit.*

Just in time for next season, lol.

3 weeks for them to stop laughing that someone has bought one?
2 weeks to look for the last bits of kit they have in a shed somewhere
1 to dust them off and send them out?

From looking at the homebee site I don’t really get the boxes and how the frames sit.

The far right hand box (as you look at it) looks is smaller, so I would say a super, the frames bars sit within the walls of the box as standard

But on the one on the left (brood) has bars which hang over the top of the sides. Soo the bottom boxes frame bars must be longer than the top boxes.

So unless I am very much mistaken this can not be using WBC frames.

Web site states

features

Common WBC frame system

I could be totally wrong but I think the advert is way off.

UNLESS

the WBC frames they are talking about are the octagonal lifts rather than actual frames...........

Perhaps???

There is something along a similar vein on static display at Bridgemere Garden World.....the largest garden centre (based upon acreage) in Europe, based in Staffordshire.

I think that they're asking £450-500 for it there.

*guffaww*

Don't Fraggley Planet do something similar?

There is something along a similar vein on static display at Bridgemere Garden World.....the largest garden centre (based upon acreage) in Europe, based in Staffordshire.

I think that they're asking £450-500 for it there.

*guffaww*

Yes, seen them at another chain Garden Centre for a similar price,

I came across an offer at syon house garden centre "including bees"~ calm Carnolians Bees specialy bred in Sussex

Looking at the kit, it appeared to come with one Super.....How long would a cheap Carnolian Nuc take to fill a 10 frame nat brood and single super

oh happy days

our local costco seemed to have had them a few weeks ago, i seem to think it had a suit with it as well.

Latest posts

Back