Off Topic Garden Boundary

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. Plenty to go on. Low and 'thin' are important issues as the front garden isn't overly large. Slopes upward towards house too!

As with any hedge the secret is to keep it trimmed they then dont get messy, I spend quite a bit of time in my job trimming hedges, and taming ones that have been left to their own for a number of years.

Any landscaping gardeners out there? Having pulled up a couple of fallen willow shrubby tree thingies (I know, what a waste of pollen!) the front garden is a little exposed.

Need a neat and pretty low hedge boundary that could establish early but be easy to maintain (no quick growing monster hedges). Needs to look good all year round. About 10 - 15 metres x 0.5 metre width to be trimmed to about 0.6 metres high.

I thank you....

Cotoneaster. Bees adore it.

Our next door neighbour has a copper beech, nice hedge but 7ft high 2ft 6" wide. The stems/trunks are 3" thick. Would over time make a very robust hedge. At 16" wide and 20" high privet sounds about right, would be a finer hedge, but would need clipping more than once a year. Cotoneaster sounds interesting, we have a similar shrub with pretty pink flowers that would make a nice hedge (sorry don't know the name) but maybe there other small interesting shrubs that would do a job for you.

Hmmm - what's going on on this forum? three pages and no mention of 'there's nothing finer than a neatly trimmed box' or allusions to an unkempt bush being not very attractive! (they even use those double entendres on the Telegraph gardening supplements.)
:D

Hmmm - what's going on on this forum? three pages and no mention of 'there's nothing finer than a neatly trimmed box' or allusions to an unkempt bush being not very attractive! (they even use those double entendres on the Telegraph gardening supplements.)
:D

Jenkinsbrynmair, we want a Forum untainted by filthy language like that, if you don't mind.

Please watch your language.

If you must refer to it, please use the euphemism, "The Fascist Gazette"

Dusty.

Latest posts

Back