NWC bee

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Today i have been reading a little about this,I bet you all can't wait till i go back to work :D Anyway are these bees being used in any EU country ?
Never heard of them until today,nothing new there being new :D

This quote is not new

Cobey’s New World Carniolan bees also draw international acclaim. Wrote Honey Run Apiaries of Delphos, Ohio: “Our breeder queens are obtained directly from Sue Cobey’s New World Carniolan Breeding Program. These queens have been selected for productivity, rapid spring buildup, overwintering ability, tracheal mite resistance, hygienic behavior, pollen collection, gentle temperament and high brood viability. We have been impressed with their performance and with their calm, gentle nature they are a pleasure to work.”

how long has that been in place ?

In that case it is posible that they have made it into the EU.
The breeding program for these and the sale of them have been running for yrs.

S cobey . introduced New World Carniolan bees in 1982.

Given all the information recently about inbreeding in the States why would anyone even contemplate importing from there?

Or am I missing some really important attribute?

PH

To be honest ph i don't know alot about them.Not even heard of them until today.
I am trying to get more info on them and was wondering if they have made it into the EU. They are a blackbee(colour) i believe from what i can gather at the moment .I will keep hunting as it interest me(the subject) and i'm not importing anything, just interested.
Regards WB

Yes TB, bored stiff and lost a few £££ :beatdeadhorse5:

But the nice mechanic bloke said it should all be fixed today.:auto:

But i have enjoyed giving you all something to read each day :D
Back to work Monday , i bet you miss me :D

Latest posts

Back