nun today nun tomorrow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

td4bees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
what is happning with foundation are they all getting it from china. and the boat sank. or is an out break of some sort to blame

What's the problem? I was in £hornes in Stockbridge (again!) yesterday and Lin had shelves full of foundation.

For a second I thought this was a thread about religious orders....

I was chatting with Paul O'Sullivan yesterday at Gormanston (Paul is a Dublin based beekeeping supplier) and he mentioned that he had completely run out of Kemble wax in national sizes. In fact he was completely out of all National wax yesterday afternoon. He mentioned that part of Peter's wax making kit had broken and had to be replaced which caused a hiatus in production. He had to source Maisemore wax to meet demand but I gather he has more wax coming from Peter Kemble now that he is back in production. There has been a big demand for wax over the past couple of months and that has affected availability. I ran out of shallow, wired foundation despite having stocked up over the Winter with a quantity that I had anticipated would see me through to 2015!

Last edited:
I was in £hornes in Stockbridge (again!) yesterday and Lin had shelves full of foundation.

I believe their standard wax is imported, but will be happy to be proved wrong.

Back