Nucs suppliers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d try BS if you haven’t already…
Maismores, don’t buy the cheap Thornes 1 the bee space is wrong and fiddly entrance. Not an issue when half full a pain in the arse when there’s a big nuc in there.

I’d try BS if you haven’t already…
Maismores, don’t buy the cheap Thornes 1 the bee space is wrong and fiddly entrance. Not an issue when half full a pain in the arse when there’s a big nuc in there.
Ok cheers mate , I have a feeling I’m going to struggle to get them.

Can you quickly knock some up out of PIR board and aluminium tape?

James
Nope I’m already making frames floors cbs roofs trying to extract hiving up nucs my home apiary went from two to 10 I’ve moved 5 and left all queen right colony’s.

Could you get some emergency use from those transportation nuc-boxes made from Correx, and worry about the longer-term housing afterwards?
Could do I’m hopefully getting sorted 🤞

The correx nuc suggestion would seem to be the most obvious one for the moment then. Not a huge cost, should be ok during the warmer months and gives you a while to replace them as poly options become available.

James

Cut a 5mm groove down the middle (inside) of a bb and slide in a dividing board creating two 5 frame nucs seated on a snelgove board that opens opposite sides.

Cut a 5mm groove down the middle (inside) of a bb and slide in a dividing board creating two 5 frame nucs seated on a snelgove board that opens opposite sides.
I have some of these already and I need all my bbs for the heather.

Latest posts

Back