Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Poly Hive 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
9 and 18 Nucs
Inspected the nucs today and 10 from 12 are mated and laying nicely. Two are suspect and have test frames in to double check.

One that I thought I had a buyer for, who backed out when the fantasy offered to be reality, had a q cell so I have swapped it for a pretty weak one so as to cool it off a bit and boost the other one up. A win win.

When nucs are up and running they can be worked from with in their set as it were, with no need to hit on the production colonies.

I will run a set of pics for the making up of the nuc boxes I use.

PH

POPZ 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Inspected the nucs today and 10 from 12 are mated and laying nicely. Two are suspect and have test frames in to double check.

One that I thought I had a buyer for, who backed out when the fantasy offered to be reality, had a q cell so I have swapped it for a pretty weak one so as to cool it off a bit and boost the other one up. A win win.

When nucs are up and running they can be worked from with in their set as it were, with no need to hit on the production colonies.

I will run a set of pics for the making up of the nuc boxes I use.

PH
Yes please -a piccie and some measurements would be gratefully received. I have looked at the video links regarding this but I have great trouble in following the actual measurements - let alone all the rather sophisticated tools that are used. I do manage a saw, hammer and screwdriver and willingness to learn and get one built:)

Latest posts