Nozevit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzz lightyear

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just wondering, has anyone used this stuff, either as a preventive or to treat active Nosema. Any papers out there.

Cheers, Buzz

No, the product seemed to be new in 2010. To the best of my belief the main active ingredient is propolis. Can anyone else confirm this point please. I seem to recollect reading it on the list of ingredients on the bottle at last year's Spring Convention.

There was a lot of interest at the time and it was selling like hotcakes.

I remember reading something about tree bark being used so Propolis would make sense..

Just wondering, has anyone used this stuff, either as a preventive or to treat active Nosema. Any papers out there.

Cheers, Buzz
We developed it in the mid 80's. Main ingredients are tannin acids, a type of plant polyphenols.

Cheers, Buzz
Papers published in English appeared in American Bee Journal May and November 2009 editions. Other languages have published papers but they are not translated into English.

Thanks for the update as to it's progeny. If you are able to cite any of the papers, then I'm sure that Google Translate will make a reasonable stab at them and might give some background for those that might care to consider the product.

If in doubt, clear it with Admin first to ensure that you aren't transgressing any rules, but the question has been asked.

I guess from your location that you overwinter your bees in sheds? what is the extent of your season?

Thanks for the update as to it's progeny. If you are able to cite any of the papers, then I'm sure that Google Translate will make a reasonable stab at them and might give some background for those that might care to consider the product.

If in doubt, clear it with Admin first to ensure that you aren't transgressing any rules, but the question has been asked.

I guess from your location that you overwinter your bees in sheds? what is the extent of your season?
We winter three ways. Outside, conex's, and underground.

We have very good success all three ways. Obviously the more snow the better. Right now we have about three feet of snow on top of the hives as well as all around them.

Wintering is also done up by the Fairbanks area as well as the Delta area. There is a very large Ukrainian population that raise a few hundred hives as well and has done fine.

We bring in many hundreds of packages from Oregon each spring around the third week of April to sell to the hobby beekeepers. We fly them overnight to Alaska which is over 2000 miles. One note, to winter one needs to have about 60 to 80 lbs. of stores in the hive due to the long winter.

The two papers published on Nozevit in the American bee journal explain quite a bit.

Hi again AHH,

That's a lot of sugar syrup to keep the bees going through to the spring.

I'm not aware what a connex is and obviously have no experience of underground, presumably in a bunker arrangement for constancy of temperature.

If you have any photographs, I'm sure that I'm not the only UK bee keeper that is interested in what for most of us, but probably not for Finman, is extreme bee keeping.

I guess that when the temperatures start to rise in the spring, there aren't many ladies putting out their washing near your bee yard, It must be a long time for them with crossed legs. :party:

Latest posts

Back