northern ireland bee suppliers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Roy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
does anyone know of any companies that can supply bees and hives and other equipment to northern ireland prefere not flat pack as not very good at diy thanks

Sam you asked the same question give or take yesterday Blackbrood replied and added some links to associations and suppliers have you use them. Regards Andrew

Paul O'Sullivan who runs beehivesupplies with his brother-in-law does periodic van runs into the North and will do COD. His hives are grand. He will probably be at the Ulster Beekeepers Conference in March. There are folk about who will sell you a Nuc of bees but before you rush off to buy bees I'd seek out recommendations from other local beekeepers as I have been advised that there are one or two people to avoid buying bees from in NI.....

Sam you asked the same question give or take yesterday Blackbrood replied and added some links to associations and suppliers have you use them. Regards Andrew

Sam sorry for that my mistake Regards Andrew

Be very careful there has been cases of AFB in east derry and south derry.

Busy Bee

According to the Bee Inspector's report at the Institute of NI Bee keepers conference, there have been confirmed AFB cases in Banbridge and some around the Enniskillen area. The Banbridge case was linked to two other outbreaks - diseased bees/equipment had changed hands....

The nice thing is that there have been no reported cases of EFB recently in NI...

I have bought off Paul ,just today ,his service and equipment are excellent.

Beenucleus ad of overwintered bees

does anyone know of any companies that can supply bees and hives and other equipment to northern ireland prefere not flat pack as not very good at diy thanks

Hello Sam,

If you search in Gumtree or Locanto you will find private people selling overwintered bees in Northern Ireland. Overwintered bees are the most expensive to buy because they will give you a crop of honey the first year or you can split into many. From end of May the prices get down.

Happy beekeeping!

There is a guy making them up in Donegal. Just google Donegal bees and his site will come up.

Wasnt there a lot of nucs stolen from Dumfries way & they reckoned it was pikeys who took them over to Ireland last year, i wonder if they are being sold?

Coalisland (County Tyrone) workshop

Hello,

There is a professional workshop in Coalisland (County Tyrone) 40 miles from Belfast. I purchased two national hives fully assembled two years ago and I am glad with the purchase, £85 each. I bought also two nucleus this week £35.

There is an ad in Gumtree about this. This the number: Hugh 07789815953. As the mobile phone network coverage is bad in that area you need to send and sms or leave a voice mail. Alternatively you can reply to the Gumtree ad.

Hope it helps and happy beekeeping.

Hi Sam. Try Ballyblack Bee Solutions Ltd, Newtownards, tel 028 91 862178.

Guys,
do you realise the OP was 4 years ago?

Latest posts

Back