northern bee books

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islayhawk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Anyone had any dealings with Northern Bee Books,. Ordered a book from them weeks ago and it never arrived. Was told it had been dispatched and they would send off a replacement. It has also never arrived. Was assured i had also been sent and was insured. Wasnt sent by Royal Mail but by carrier. Couldnt give me any details of tracking etc. Now they are not answering emails or phone calls

I'm awaiting issue 126 of the Beekeepers Quarterly, I have sent them one email and had to send 3 emails to receive issue 125.
Their online messaging service isn't working using Android!

Last edited:
I've ordered a few books from them over the last few years with no problems. They should reply though, rude not to.....

UPDATE. Answered their phone today. Assured me they are sending me out another book by Royal Mail today. I wait with bated breath

In recent years we have had problems similar to those described above. Nowadays we only purchase from them at the convention or the national honey show. They used to be so very efficient and such a pleasure to deal with, it is difficult to understand what has happened, but let us hope it will soon pass.

We had a similar problem with them. The books we ordered did not arrive - complained supposedly sent again, did not arrive and sent a third time which finally did arrive. We did not know if it was a post office problem or them, so have not used them since.

Well -bated breath has not worked, nor has hoping. The book has still not arrived. Promised me faithfully it would have been sent on tuesday by Royal Mail and still not here so I have given up hope of ever receiving it and will go elsewhere. Its not the cost of the book but the principal. I will probably get my money back through Paypal but they have truly disappointed me. I will never use this company again

A lot of the books they sell they print themselves, and I have a feeling they only print the next batch of books when they have sold enough to make it worth their while, so some books you could wait a while for.

I had to wait nearly 4 months for a Bro adams book that was bought for me for xmas 3 years ago. Again I wouldn't buy from them on principle.

if you don't mind a second hand copy of a book try world of books. when I looked on their site a few days back they seemed to have hundreds of bee books.

I have bought a number of books from Northern Bee Books over the last few years, without fault. All delivered in a reasonable time frame; I remember one was amazingly quick (Ron Brown's mininucs) considering how rubbish postie was where I lived at the time.
Also met him at the Somerset Lecture Day last weekend, came across as a decent chap.
I'm sure your delivery issues will be resolved.

Just a thought - have you checked your address on your paypal account is correct; caused me a heap of confusion after my last house move, as some companies used the address I supplied but others used the old paypal account address.

Yeah address ok. Got him on phone last week and confirmed address etc. So address not the problem. Promise of immediate dispatch by royal mail

The owner of Northern Bee Books, Jerry Burbridge whom I know quite well is as pleasant and helpful an individual one is likely to meet. Twenty years ago NBB were the very epitome of efficiency, at a later date the downward slide began, now I will only deal with them when we meet at the convention or the national honey show.

Wonder upon wonders - book arrived today. Third time lucky. Still wont buy from them again

I have used NBB a few times over the years and have noticed the last month an order was slow and I had to send an email reminder.

BUT they are a small independent that publish and print bee books so they need our support.

If you want a book yesterday that was picked by robots and delivered by drones then use the big guys.
A very large percentage of UK bee books will disappears without NBB !

You are probably correct. I have no doubt they have a great range of Bee books. Looks like I got them at a bad time. However - I got my book and so it ended wel, maybe I shouldnt judge the company based on one transaction

Jeremy clocks up the miles travelling to lots of beekeeping conventions at this time of year to man his stall . Saw him at the Bucks BKA convention a few weeks ago.

NBB is a small company who seem a bit relaxed about most things. I used to work with someone who did their books (accounts) and she got frustrated about the lack of business sense at times. I have never had any problems with them but.

Latest posts

Back