North Downs bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
My bees have not rested continued to find pollen flying in varying numbers 25/02 with ice on the ground was the most active. I have continued to feed them with my own sugar snow mixed my recipe of ingredients this also appears to help any excess moisture as it’s reabsorbed and wicked away from the cluster. I’ve have also put up an early swarm trap nearby as l feel this year could catch a lot of beekeepers out with very early swarms and not having time to take obvious intervention.🍀
View attachment F3BACE12-C069-4E26-B62B-AA626B88BCE4.MOV

Last edited:
I have continued to feed them with my own sugar snow mixed my recipe of ingredients this also appears to help any excess moisture as it’s reabsorbed and wicked away from the cluster. I’ve have also put up an early swarm trap nearby
well if you're going to continually feed them sugar throughout the winter they're bound to swarm early as they'll have no room.
How do you then avoid all that sugar getting into the honey supers?
What 'ingredients' do they need - apart from sugar?

@connollyconnollyp It's not usually left to me to welcome you to this forum. Nice active bees; I presume they usually have a good layer of insulation over the feeder?

Latest posts

Back