New Zealand Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I have just noticed that KBS will not be supplying queens next year. I have some of their NZ in the past, super queens! We can no longer buy Hawaiian Queens either.
Does anyone know of any other suppliers of NZ queens. I know we can buy queens from several places on Europe but I have a hankering to be different occasionally.

WHAT is going on in the bottom picture of their home page. Serious newbie question: what is going on? (sorry slightly off topic.) On topic, I would ask them; they must know their ex-competitors and I think Pains do NZs as well. I am delighted with my Buckfasts from them.

WHAT is going on in the bottom picture of their home page.

Bees which have been blown out of honey supers.

I heard some place that Peter K was retiring soon, so not selling queens is most likely just a part of winding down.

Last edited:
Gatta love some free advertising. Not too impressed by the queen picture on park bee keeping, who holds queens like this?

When you say NZ queens are you talking about the NZ Carnis or the NZ Italian stuff? The experience I have had with the Carni's are positive.

That's how NOT to hold a queen!

Gatta love some free advertising. Not too impressed by the queen picture on park bee keeping, who holds queens like this?

Looks to me like the person who marked this queen is also a little heavy handed and pressed a little too hard to create a dent and where is the other antennee.

The queen seems to be dead. Thorax is pressed in, like Mike says
No one can squeeze living queen abdomen like that.

What we have used NZ queens in Finland, they do not survive in our winter.

Last edited:
KBS site states that they will not be supplying queens in 2014.

Saw a queen supplied by Parks which kept trying to swarn from near enough day 1 despite plently of space.

KBS alive and well.

I went to peter kembles place this saturday. Been meaning to go for years although I have bought queens and wax from him at Stoneleigh. Lovely part of the world and down a rather small lane so glad I did not go in the truck! Not too easy to find as no sign outside. Look for hives in surrounding field. The post code drops you almost on it when coming from A21

Exchanged some packs of unused Thxxxes brood foundation (still in wrapping) for KBS 14 x 12. The two products might as well be chalk and cheese. Will be going back again for sure.

I suggest that if you have any questions on his operations, use the contact button on the kbs website and send a message. My reply came back the same day.

Regards

FB

Last edited:
It says on his web page " please be advised that KBS will not be selling Queens in 2014"

Latest posts

Back