New UK (US) supplier

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Not having any trouble with any of those links.

Not having any trouble with any of those links.

Nothing wrong with the links, they are working fine, just they are not going to the Mann lake UK website, listing their products... apart from the one in the authorized dealers section, which is not working at all, was all working fine a while ago.

Last edited:
The guy who set this up; his first name was not William, by any chance?

Or related to William? Or William, changed by deed poll? Or aka William in a former Place?

Hope not, or there might be some losing money.

No relation whatsoever.

It is an additional line of business for Patrick Murfet's "Bee Equipment" operation, located just outside the village of Bridge near Canterbury.

From the Beetradex exhibitor list -
Bee Equipment
We are the UK sole distributor for Mann Lake, http://www.mannlakeltd.com/ the probably largest beekeeping supplier in the world, and offer their entire range of products. We supply quality bee keeping equipment at unbeatable prices -everything from plastic foundation, extractors and brood boxes to complete kits. Much of the equipment we supply has been tested in our own apiaries and comes with our own personal recommendation.We are professional beekeepers supplying reliable, fit for purpose equipment to beekeepers. Find us at http://www.bee-equipment.co.uk/

Yes - see above!

Still does not answer the question of why the Mann lake UK website is no longer working, nor the Mann lake USA authorized distributors link too it, but most likely taken offline to carry out further work.

Last edited:
Still does not answer the question of why the Mann lake UK website is no longer working, nor the Mann lake USA authorized distributors link too it, but most likely taken offline to carry out further work.

I don't have Patrick's mobile number, so I can't check - but my suspicion would be that his containers likely haven't arrived yet, and that that they accidentally opened up the website for a few hours while testing/proving it - and that they wouldn't want to open it up for business until the stock had started arriving in quantity.

I don't have Patrick's mobile number, so I can't check - but my suspicion would be that his containers likely haven't arrived yet, and that that they accidentally opened up the website for a few hours while testing/proving it - and that they wouldn't want to open it up for business until the stock had started arriving in quantity.

There was a fair bit of stock on the stand at Beetradex

Hope not hes got large deposit from me for 12 nucs

They answer the phone, got them to send out a load of catlogues just last week

I had a quick look, nothing for Nationals and nothing that cheap in fact a bit more expensive than other suppliers and all made in the USA, I'll stay with British standards

I had a quick look, nothing for Nationals and nothing that cheap in fact a bit more expensive than other suppliers and all made in the USA, I'll stay with British standards
:iagree:
And cheap softwood not cedar - even if I did feel the urge to go langstroth I'd stay British

Given that 3 of the 9 supers I recently ordered had defects in them from a supplier, I'll be keen to see what they can offer in terms of price and quality.

"Given that 3 of the 9 supers I recently ordered had defects in them from a supplier"

did you order in the winter sales?

did you order in the winter sales?
I was thinking the same - 'second quality' usually means the odd flaw, but I must say that all the 'second quality' kit I've bought (and I have been known to purchase more than one item at a time) all of the boxes have been fit for purpose without any need for fillers or repairs, and as for frames apart from one deadknot at the weak point on a top bar, one same on a side bar and the occasional broken bottom bar I'm happy with the odd hundred frames I've made up.
Cheap softwood American tat does not appeal to me one bit - however much some people on here try to plug and promote his
product.

Latest posts

Back